The Singapore University of Technology and Design is offering an exciting opportunity to apply for the Rock – SUTD International Scholarship.
The main objective of the program is to support academic and learning excellence by attracting excellent and qualified talents to pursue an undergraduate education at SUTD in Singapore.
Clarity of Information
Wonderful opportunity for international students to study an undergraduate degree with study fund in Singapore.
Established in 2009, Singapore University of Technology and Design offers a vibrant learning environment that brings together the best minds and ideas to seek solutions to the challenges of modern times and create a better future.
Why at the Singapore University of Technology and Design? It is the fourth autonomous university in Singapore. Studying at SUTD gives students an opportunity to take the first step to make the world a better place through design and technology.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2019 (for January 2020 intake)
- University or Organization: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: S$15,000 per annum and covers hostel fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted form Singapore as well as international countries
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The undergraduate program is available in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must a Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International Student who:
- are applying for admission to SUTD’s undergraduate degree programme
- have good academic standing
- possess leadership potential and uphold strong values (passion, integrity, moral character and good conduct)
- have good records of service and contribution to the university and/or to the community at large
- special consideration for those with demonstrated financial need
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants will automatically consider for the award when they will take admission online at the SUTD. Shortlisted applicants may be interviewed face-to-face, via Skype or over the telephone.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must prepare the following information to facilitate the application:
- Softcopy of your Identity Card or relevant pages in your Passport
- Your Statement of Objectives (3,000 words) softcopy
- Submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
- Not required, but highly recommended.
- Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 3 Recommenders
- Original Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree transcript and certificate softcopies
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements for admission at SUTD.
- Language Requirement: All students need appropriate English language skills for admission to SUTD.
The SUTD will provide the benefits to the winning candidates as the following:
- S$15,000 per annum for up to four years of the respective degree programmes at SUTD that be used towards the recipient’s annual subsidised tuition fees.
- The recipient must take up the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) from the Singapore Government to enjoy subsidised fees
- Successful recipients may be granted internship and/or career opportunities with Hexacon Construction or its designated companies
- The program will also cover hostel fees for the entire duration of the fresh-more year
Originally posted by: Scholarship Positions