The Residency for International Creators with Exploratory Projects 2020 is now accepting applications. Through the project, they look forward to receiving many enthusiastic proposals from all over the world!
Organized by the Agency for Cultural Affairs and Government of Japan, this program aims to support the realization of works and research projects and stimulate cross-cultural dialogues through Media Arts.
Clarity of Information
A worthy option for young creators from overseas to be benefited in Japan.
The open-call program “International Creator Residency Program” is available for outstanding young creators from overseas, providing them with a residency opportunity to engage with the creative culture of Japan, and encouraging international exchange by arranging opportunities to interact with creators in Japan.
Project to Support Emerging Media Arts Creators supports young creators to improve the industry standards in media arts for the coming generations.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019 (Japan Standard Time)
- University or Organization: Project to Support Emerging Media Arts Creators
- Organizer: Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan (Bunka-Cho)
- Course Level: Project
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nationalities other than Japan are eligible to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available in Media Arts (Media Geijutsu in Japanese) including Media Art, Video, Game, Animation, Manga etc. areas to practice
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants:
- Be currently living outside of Japan and be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Have previously shown works at international art festivals, film festivals, game shows, comic festivals, etc. Being awarded a prize or included in the Jury Selection at the Japan Media Arts Festival in the past.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 (not definite, as applicant’s previous career will also be considered)
- Be in good health.
- Be able to participate in remote interviews (i.e. have access to a computer with Skype connected to the internet).
- Have no criminal records.
How to Apply
How to Apply: To apply for this program, applicants submit the application form with all the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must upload the necessary documents: Documents providing information about birth date and citizenship. (E.g. a copy of your passport photo ID page), Headshot of the applicant, documents showing that the applicant’s previous works/projects have been shown in international art festivals, film festivals, game shows, comic festivals, etc., A digitally scanned file of the consent form found on the link below with your signature, Proposal and action plan of the project that you’re proposing, Portfolio of your previous works and projects.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be able to speak either English or Japanese fluently enough to communicate in everyday situations.
The winners of the program will receive all the following benefits:
- Travel expenses (round-trip airline ticket from the country of residence to Tokyo)
- Living allowance (including travel expenses for research and creation inside Japan)
- Travel insurance
- Housing in Tokyo
- Location in Tokyo
- Opportunities to meet Japanese creators and experts
Originally posted by: Scholarship Positions